Friday, November 6, 2009

Minced Beef with baby Silver Beet

I cooked spaghetti tonight, and since I am not very fond of pasta, I put aside a bit of minced beef and cooked something separately for me. I was craving for something spicy but easy to cook and this was my dinner tonight. I still have heaps of silver beet in the garden, so I made use of the abundance of it. I only picked the baby ones so they're very very tender. That's the beauty of growing your very own vegetables, you can eat it when you want it and it's freshly picked.








Ingredients


1/2 kilo minced beef or pork
2 tbsp of cooking oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
A handful of baby silver beet from the garden or a bunch of bok choy/pechay
Chillies, chopped finely (optional)





Directions

  1. Sauté the garlic in the oil.
  2. Add the onions and cook until translucent
  3. Add the chillies, if you are using some
  4. Add the minced beef, cook until it changes in colour.
  5. Season with oyster sauce.
  6. Add the silver beet, stir until it’s wilted.
  7. Serve it with rice.

No comments: