1 kilo of beef, cubed
3 tbsp of olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced finely
½ tsp of salt or to taste
3 – 5 medium potatoes, cubed in big pieces (1 inch by 1 inch)
2 medium carrots, chopped round or diagonal
1 capsicum (bell pepper) sliced the same size like the carrots
a handful of frozen green peas (or fresh if it is handy)
2 tbsp of tomato paste
½ cup of grated cheese (optional)
1 cup of water
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Sauté garlic in the olive oil until fragrant
- Add the onions, stir until translucent.
- Add the beef. Cook the beef until it turns a different colour, greyish.
- Season it with salt, and then add the carrots, capsicum and the potatoes. Mix it through.
- Mix the Mama Sita Caldereta mix.
- Put the tomato paste and add the water.
- NOW transfer everything into your slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker in automatic and cook for about 4 hours. Stir it occasionally.
- Add the peas when you have been cooking it for 3 hours.
- Half an hour before serving it, add the grated cheese.