1 kilo glutinous rice
1 cup brown sugar
1 400 ml can coconut cream
1 can water
- Wash the rice thoroughly.
- Put in a pot. Pour coconut cream plus water
- Mix well. Cook in a low heat, stir while cooking
- When the rice is almost cooked, stir in the sugar. Mix well.
- Transfer into a baking dish. I used a big pyrex dish. I usually spray the baking dish first before transferring the rice. The rice is not totally cooked yet, it should still be slightly liquidy.
- Level the rice then pour the topping.
¾ can to 1 can of coconut cream/milk
½ - 1 cup brown sugar (depending how sweet you like it)
½ cup condensed milk
2 – 3 eggs
Mix all the ingredients.
Bake in a moderate oven, 180 C for 45 minutes or until the topping is brown or burnt (however you like it -- I like mine slightly burnt on the edges. Yummy!)