1 kilo minced beef
3 cans of red kidney beans
2 cans of peeled tomatoes (squash them or blend them)
1 cup of dry red wine (or thereabouts)
2 tablespoon of cooking oil
2-3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 onion, chopped finely
1 red capsicum, diced finely
1-2 teaspoon of cumin powder
½ - 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
1-2 teaspoon of paprika
Salt to taste
- Sauté garlic in cooking oil
- When the garlic is slightly brown and aromatic, add the onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add the beef and stir until it changes colour.
- Add the wine. Let the wine evaporate.
- Add the capsicum, the spices and salt. Stir well.
- Add the kidney beans and tomatoes.
- Let simmer for 20 – 30 minutes. It should have a bit of sauce.
- Serve it with rice or corn chips. We usually have it with rice.