Monday, April 28, 2008

Misua with Zucchini






The humble misua. I remember when I was little, we only get to eat misua when we're sick. I guess because it's easy to eat. It slides down your throat so easily. You don't need to chew it. I never liked the patola (bottle gourd) that went with it, too. But now, I am missing that patola. I wished I have eaten all those patolas served to me when I was a little girl. Very seldom that I see patola being sold in the asian shops here. I have mentioned in a previous post that we only have 2 chinese shops in this part of the world, and that they don't sell everything I need and I want (it's all about what I want and what I need, LOL). What we have here is an abundance of zucchini. Especially when they are in season. They are easy to grow as well. So instead of using patola, I used zucchini in my version of misua.
Ingredients:

2 thin rolls of misua noodles
2 tbsp cooking oil
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
1 onion chopped finely
50 – 100 grams of shrimps (or pork or chicken)
2-3 small zucchinis, sliced thinly (round)
2 cups of water
fish sauce to taste
pepper


Directions:
Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add garlic, sauté until brown. Add onions.
Put the sliced zucchini and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the shrimps and season with fish sauce.
Add the water. Boil until the zucchinis are tender.
Put the misua noodles. Stir thorougly.
Serve immediately.

No comments: