Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spaghetti with Prawns and fresh tomatoes and chili

I am not usually fond of pasta dishes. The only way I eat it is when I cook it with seafood, mainly prawns and I will make it spicy so that it's palatable for me. Of course, you can always omit the chili. I omit the chili when I cook this for the family, they don't like it spicy. So I separate some of the tomato mixture for me and then I add the chili.




Ingredients:

1 500 grams of spaghetti, cook as per direction

2 tbsp of olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped finely
4 - 5 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
500 grams of prawns, shelled and deveined
salt and pepper to taste
chili (optional) chopped finely


Directions:

  1. Saute garlic in oil until fragrant.
  2. Add the onions and stir until translucent.
  3. Add the tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes for about 2 minutes.
  4. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. If you're adding the chili, mix it now.
  6. Add the prawns, and stir thoroughly.
  7. Prawns are cooked when they changed in colour.
  8. Remove from heat and mix the cooked spaghetti.
Serve with your favourite wine. I like banrock crimson cabernet. Cheers!

No comments: