Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Prawn Curry

I harvested few beans, mexican chilis and even fewer cherry tomatoes the other day. So I decided to cook them. I just love fresh produce from the garden. So I quickly had a look in the freezer, and luckily I found some prawns there. So, prawn curry for me then.



I love my prawns. This is a very simple curry. Very few ingredients. The simpler to cook the food is, the tastier it is, I think. Of course you can substitute any vegetable. Whatever you have handy in your refrigerator.

And this is the result of my simple Prawn Curry. And it was yummy, even if I say so myself ;-)


Ingredients:



2-3 tbsp of cooking oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, mince finely
1 1/2 tsp of curry powder
1 -2 tsp of fish sauce
handful of beans, top and tailed, sliced diagonally
1 mexican chili, juliene (or capsicum)
100 g of prawns, deveined and shelled
1/4 cup light coconut milk/cream



Directions:

  1. Heat oil in a wok.
  2. Saute the garlic in the oil, stir until light brown.
  3. Add the onions, cook until transluscent.
  4. Add the curry powder.
  5. Stir in the beans and the chili.
  6. When the beans are half-cooked, add the prawns and mix thoroughly.
  7. Season with fish sauce.
  8. Add the coconut milk and let it simmer for a minute or so.
  9. Serve with steamed rice.


No comments: